Luke 23:44 - "By this time it was noon, and darkness fell across the whole land until three o'clock."

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Grieving, Yet Rejoicing


God is so good. His ways are always perfect, even though I cannot understand them at times. Since our time out here in VA Beach, Katie and I have really plugged in and connected in many ways with our church family. Immediately after bringing Katie out here last August we got involved and joined the local body of believers at Colonial Baptist Church of Oceana. This past weekend for Katie and I however was one with a bitter sweet taste.


This weekend Pastor Tim and Becky announced that they will be leaving the ministry here in VA Beach to take a small church plant in Westerville, OH right outside of Columbus. When Pastor called us the evening prior, I have to admit our initial feelings were not joyful ones. But as we sat in service the next day and listened to Pastor explain what God was doing in their lives, I could not help but sit back and rejoice in that fact that God dominates their lives.


Now this is not to exalt a mere man, but indeed God gives us godly examples to learn from. Pastor Tim is a man that I hold in high regard. His life, ministry and love for righteousness are some aspects that instantly come to mind when I think of this man. I am so grateful to my Lord for allowing Katie and I to sit under the preaching and teaching of such a man (even if it was for only a year).


So, we rejoice that members of the larger body of Christ get to fellowship and learn from the passionate examples such as the Valentines. We rejoice that through this time of transition may the hearts of Pastor Tim and Becky be encouraged and excited about what God has in store for them. In the meantime, we at CBCO are excited about the shepherd whom God has in store. We are ready to learn and looking forward to moving forward by faith.

No comments: